1. Applications for competition participation (all four categories) are to be submitted any time before April 30, 2018 in English or German. Please fill in the application form (PDF-file) enclosed in the information brochure or use the online application form. Please enclose the following with your application in order to be considered for the preliminary round:
- own (demo) DVD (free choice of repertory, minimum 10 min),
- a current color photo in high-resolution jpg-format (minimum of 300 dpi), electronically submitted (info (at) buelow-wettbewerb-meiningen.de) or on USB flash drive or DVD,
- wire transfer receipt for the participation and processing fee payment to the account specified below (alternatively, fees can be paid via PayPal here),
- artistic résumé,
- please indicate the competition category you wish to compete in,
- short repertory list and report of musical activities (for professional candidates and amateur pianists),
- exact program selection for 1st round (2nd round) and final rounds including composers' names and work titles; program changes are not permitted after registration.
2. After all applications and recordings have been evaluated by a professional panel (preliminary round), candidates will be notified about their admission no later than June 1, 2018. If a candidate is denied, the decision cannot be appealed. In this case, the participation fee will be reimbursed.
3. The jury prefers that all repertory be performed from memory. Participants of the Amateur competition are permitted to use sheet music during the competition rounds. In the Conducting from the piano category, participants are free to use the score.
4. The decision of the jury cannot be appealed. The jury may shorten pieces and interrupt performances. It may also declare any of the prizes "not awarded". All jury decisions are final.
5. In case of cancellation by the participant before July 23, 2018, the participation fee will be refunded. The processing fee is non-refundable.
6. All competition rounds and awardees concerts will be public.
7. Candidates are responsible for all travel costs, including visa and accommodations.
8. For accommodation reservations, please contact the Meiningen Tourist Information (www.meiningen.de).
9. Approved candidates in need of a visa will receive an official invitation from the competition office. We ask that you contact the competition office as soon as you have been approved as a competition candidate.
10. Candidates cannot claim legal rights to recordings or broadcasts that may be made in connection with the competition. All legal rights are reserved by the International Hans von Bülow Society Meiningen.